1) The New Yorker My Life as a Heiress - "I finished the screenplay and it got made. I am quick to draw lessons from my own experience, and the lesson I drew from this one was that I was extremely lucky not to have ever inherited real money, because I might not have finished writing When Harry Met Sally . . . , which changed my life."
2) Forbes Q&A: Behavioral Economist Dan Ariely On Making Smart Financial Decisions - The author of Predictably Irrational just created a new research center called Common Cents that wants to help us become smarter with our money!
3) Nerd's Eye View The Ratcheting Safe Withdrawal Rate – A More Dominant Version Of The 4% Rule? - How much money do you need every month? Thinking about that will help you come up with your magical retirement number.
4) NY Times The Bad Fortune of Some Ultrawealthy People - Diversify your portfolio and don't buy five yachts when you make it big. One yacht is enough.
5) Vox Finland's hugely exciting experiment in basic income, explained - I'll be keeping tabs on this!
What is this?
An anthropological look at how people think about money. Created and edited by Star Li.